We understand that anesthesia is often very concerning for our clients.
We are available to discuss any of your concerns about anesthesia or sedation
that might need to be performed on your pet.
To make anesthesia as safe as possible for our patients, we perform the following precautions:
- Pre-anesthetic bloodwork to identify any underlying abnormalities
- Thoracic radiographs when needed on cardiac or respiratory patients
- Individualized anesthetic protocols where drug types and doses are tailored to your pet’s age, breed and underlying conditions
- IV catheter placement and IV fluid support
- Airway protection with an endotracheal tube
- Intraoperative monitoring including ECG, heart rate, oxygen saturation, blood pressure and temperature
- Post-operative pain management
Valley Verde Veterinarians offers many surgical services including: routine spaying and neutering, lump removals and biopsies, and abdominal surgery.